I won't bother by providing you a run-through or details about the game that can be quickly discovered in a basic review. Instead I will certainly note a couple of information why, even with just
20 or so hours into the game up until now, that I think that X and Y are the very best installments in the series. In no certain order:
1) The boring directed introduction is gone and you are virtually instantly by yourself catching Pokemon and discovering.
2) Many old favorites from generation I and other fan favorites are included almost right from the beginning. This is in stark contrast with B & W, where just brand-new unidentified pokemon are included initially. These needs to attract gamers who are fond of the first video games form the 90's.
3) No more awaiting powerful pokemon in the late-game, formerly only actually functional in post-game. I captured a Bagon by the 2nd health club and that's just the pointer of the iceberg.
4) Mega-evolutions bring interest back to fan-favorites, showing younger gamers the fantastic pokemon they are not knowledgeable about and, once again, attracting gamers who played the original video games.
5) "Super Training" makes EV training (competitive training) enjoyable, easy, quick, and available for any individual. You can totally EV-train pokemon in less than an hour and undo all of it
with a unique item, and redo it as you alter your method.
6) Trainer personalization and online functions make this feel more like an RPG.
7) The shiny encounter chances are sensible now.
8) Perfect IV pokemon are a few breeding steps away with the new "Friend Safari" and brand-new breeding mechanics.
9) The graphics are stylized just like the anime now. It really looks wonderful.
10) Now that Game Freak has actually modified the game to be more affordable, competitive pokemon can be trained in a sensible time, therefore cheating/hacking is not even necessary (it is obstructed for the foreseeable future anyway).
Now if I needed to give it a couple of adverse points: the 3D is just active in single fights and only particular parts of the over world because the frame rate is low when 3D is on and would probably become horrible with more action, the discussion is still a bit childish and uninteresting for the a lot of part with dull side-characters, the trouble has to be higher (although they did make is accessible for any ages a minimum of), and the 3DS actually needs a cellular card in it or something since WIFI is still not consistent enough when going different locations to take advantage of the brand-new online functions. I make sure if Nintendo had an online service for the 3DS, even for a low expense, that numerous would subscribe simply for this game.